Pico de Orizaba is the highest volcano in North America, Citlaltepetl, as locals call it, and that means "top of the star" is located between Puebla and Veracruz states and is part of the Mexican volcanic chain, together with the active volcano Popocatepetl, Iztaccihuatl and lower altitude and La Toluca Nevado del Maliche. Seven circuit is part of the Volcanoes.
Technical: average difficulty altitude and glacier walking technique
Itinerary: Mexico City (2000 m) - Tlachichuca (2800 m) - Hidalgo (3500 m) - Piedra Grande (4200 m) - Pico de Orizaba Peak (5610 m)
Route description: Most routes on Pico de Orizaba have access to the refuge Piedra Grande (4200m). From here the routes bifurcate on one side and a valley leading to Glacier Peak stands crater edge. We will travel the route that follows the valley, scree slope of 35-40 degrees, follow the right side of the valley up to the terminus. After a sustained portions reach the glacier, hence the visible edge of the crater. After 3 to 3.5 hours we reached the crater ridge and after another half hour, peak.
- Day1: Arrival at Mexico City International Airport. Transfer hotel accommodation and understanding of the historical center, dinner. - Day 2 Breakfast, transfer to bus station, Tlechichuca final destination, hotel.
- Day 3 Breakfast, transfer to Hidalgo (3500 m) Lunch and tour of acclimatization for 2 hours. Dinner and sleep in a hut in the village. - Day 4 Breakfast, loaded the luggage in the car field and transfer by car or trek to Piedra Grande (4200 m) - base camp for climbing routes on the Pico de Orizaba. 3-4 hours, lunch, tour of acclimatization 2:00, dinner and slept at the shelter
- Day 5: Acclimatization day - breakfast, trek to the glacier limit (4900 m) and descent to Piedra Grande (4200 m), sleeping in sanctuary
- Day 6 Peak day - out at around 3 am, the rise of 9-10 hours, descend 4-5 to Piedra Grande backtracked (4200 m), lunch, dinner slept in refuge
- Day 7: Breakfast, transfer Mexico City, a short visit, souvenirs, dinner. If you did not top the previous day, while ugly, is trying a second time and speeds up the top next steps so that dinner will be in Mexico City. - Day 8 Breakfast, transfer to Mexico City International Airport
The price includes:
Mexico City-transport - and back Tlachichuca -Accommodation with breakfast at the hotel in Mexico City and Tlechichuca Pietra Grande auto-transfer -Food, water, gas staying on the mountain - Camping equipment (tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, stove, dishes, cutlery) -Altitude Mountain Club guide - Extreme Travel throughout expedition
Price does not include: -Transport to Mexico City and back -Individual equipment Additional costs incurred by the interruption, participation in the expedition -Health insurance -Personal expenses (visa, drinks, clothes, telephone, internet)